Friday, October 29, 2010

grass fed sweet dreams

I was having a conversation with my hubby over dinner about a presentation he is doing regarding LSD and any mental illnesses connected to that...etc.etc...(he is going to school to be a therapist).

We started talking about the couple of disorders someone could be diagnosed with and then I remembered this odd thought that had crossed my mind a couple of days ago...

...totally off topic...but you know that sociopath's may have started out as kids who did horrible things to animals. So, I was thinking about all the people who work in slaughter houses and their job is to do horrible things to animals.

I eat meat...so this is not a vegetarian thing, this is just how my over tired brain works...but think about all of those people, thousands, maybe tens of thousands, who work in the most horrible conditions where they themselves and the animals are treated inhumanely. How this must wear on them physically, emotionally, spiritually! I can't imagine killing animals once, let alone every day...hundreds or thousands per day.

So, we have this 'system' that removes us from our food to a degree that we have no clue what's going on and most people don't want to have a clue. Then we have people who work in terrible conditions and do terrible things to animals (which if they were kids we would classify them as mentally ill). How much 'mental programing' has to go into this system to make it work. Programming people to be able to treat animals in terrible ways. This system has had to 'program' these people to a certain degree to get them to be okay with this enough that they will perform this work day after day. To top it off, the food is also so sick that it has to be cleansed in major chemicals before it is 'fit' for any of us to eat.

It's a sick cycle..sick system, sick people, sick animals, sick food. So, now that I am done barfing...I am back to pondering what the hell happened!

I do think that if I was forced to farm for my own food, I would eat a lot different. Even if I had a lovely farm, with free range, grass fed animals...treating animals in a healthy and 'humane' way, I would still have a very difficult time killing them so that I could eat meat. I would probably just eat eggs and hopefully have a river or something for fish.

There are so many worthy causes to get fired up about...and I promise not to blog about all of them, but I am really hung up on this.

For now...,enjoy a grass fed burger and sweet dreams!

No comments: